View Single Post
Old 26-08-11, 12:29 PM   #5
Enright

Enright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the rough
My salvaged Mk2 ZS arrives later today, and due to the weather being awful I need to get something sorted out with the rear windows on it pretty sharpish, so atfer doing a search I hope resurrecting this thread is OK as it's very similar (just a bit the reverse) to what I want to do.

The previous owner of my car was at one point intent on breaking it, and sold the rear electric window motors, wiring loom and door-cards. The rear windows now stay up thanks to a mixture of duct-tape, old gloves wedging them, and prayer!

I've found a Mk1 ZS in my local scrapyard and the door-cards looked identical, so I bought them all for the bargain price of ?25.
Only slight issue is that the one in the scrapyard just had wind-up rear windows.
I can simply bolt in the regulators and then the rears should at least stay up and work adequately, and in future if I see a complete set of electric windows I can restore it to it's original spec.
The problem is the centre-console and the front passenger side window.
I think I can take the blanking plates, passenger window switch and wiring out of the one in the scrapyard at the same time as getting the regulators, but where does the wiring plug into? Is it just a generic loom that sits under the centre console and has the option to add extra windows, or do I have to run the complete "less complex" loom underneath seats/carpets/trim to the driver's door?
And will a Mk1 front electric windows loom even be compatible with a Mk2 all electric windows bodyshell?

Mk2 MG ZS TD 115 with full 180 kit (and 2x Lotus Elan SE Turbos)

Last edited by Enright; 26-08-11 at 12:31 PM.
Enright is offline   Reply With Quote