View Single Post
Old 27-08-11, 11:42 PM   #15
zsserbia

zsserbia will become famous soon enough
Yes, I completely understand they're still struggling the "transition" but I kind of hoped they would keep more of British design along with engineering and start from there towards western market, thus make it more appealing to the European consumer... Instead, they target enormous Chinese market so can't blame them for making it more of "Chinese" looks...
Time will show what they're going to do to make it more attractive to us, for it will take some drastic design changes. Colors as well. The real downside of this strategy, if they wait for too long, they could easily put a deep "scratch" on the MG badge forever. It's easy enough to say to the Chinese audience "Hey folks, it's an MG" so, offer it and they will buy it. On this side of the globe, nah, it wouldn't work like that, where people actually know what MG was, especially us owners who love them for what they are... I'm sure each one of us has different image in his/her mind what new MG should look like, but the feeling of it would be quite similar, as it always used to be. In my opinion, they should have kept this strategy for Rover if they ever had to build it like this, but as for the MG, they should have made it much more exclusive and forget about mass production for the time being, yet increasing it gradually as the demand increases. There are many ways to do this, but it would be a long story...
Anyway, at least some of the people are back to work at Longbridge, and a couple of robots... in this pathetic excuse for a world.
zsserbia is offline   Reply With Quote