View Single Post
Old 15-09-11, 11:17 AM   #12
zsserbia

zsserbia will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by caled View Post
If we had a decent forest road like that one in Serbia, it'd be covered in f'ing speed cameras.
I've got the cat and fiddle, the snake pass AND the woodhead pass near me, the former is an average speed check road and the latter two are littered with fixed and mobile speed cameras.
We got them f' cameras as well in many streets with high frequency, but not here, at least not for now. Just occasional cavalry of couple of policeman riding but they're smart enough not to use the road, pedestrians as well as someone could really get killed. There are no speed limits on the road as it is impossible for a regular car to reach any speeds beyond 40 mph because of the climbs and frequent corners. My std derv though is capable enough of 70+ uphill and fast corners and rarely bellow 40 in slow corners, so quick enough to enjoy as it handles like a go kart... On the other hand, it's fairly dangerous road if you drive fast enough to be kicked out of corner as there are very high sections when you reach the top. Descent is proven to be fatal, hence the solid metal barriers you see on the vid...
zsserbia is offline   Reply With Quote