View Single Post
Old 19-09-11, 01:57 PM   #17
Enright

Enright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the rough
Help - I'm confused by my windows!

The previous owner sold parts of the system out of my car, but I'm guessing that what he got rid of was all of the centre console switches, the door cards including switches, rear regulators including motors and the rear looms. Oh and possibly an ECU, if it had one.

So far I've replaced the rear electric regulators with manual ones and replaced the door cards and rear central locking looms. At least that gets the rear windows (and doors) working properly. However I'm struggling with the front window switches and ECU.

I've been offered a full set of switches, and have had a Mk1 driver's door apart and found the little electric windows ECU in the recess in there. But I can't even find the wiring inside my Mk2 door for the ECU - it just doesn't appear to live in there. My question is:

Are the electric windows on a Mk2 simply enabled by the programming in the BCU, and then it just relies on the correct switches being installed? Or can I get a Mk1 system for just fronts to work in a Mk2?

Mk2 MG ZS TD 115 with full 180 kit (and 2x Lotus Elan SE Turbos)
Enright is offline   Reply With Quote