View Single Post
Old 19-09-11, 04:39 PM   #32
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
I've had a read back through this thread, and I can't see anyone having a go at our cars.

All there has been has been an opinion from some of us, that although we believe our cars are great - there are actually faster ones out there - that's all.

On a simple - have a look at the figures discussion - there are a lot of cars out there which will be faster in a straight line. Everyone knows that our cars handle very well, but we are a sensible bunch and some perspective needs to be taken as we are not a bunch or spotty teenagers who believe that our saxos do 150mph just because we've got an induction kit on them !

The way I see it - it's like this.

The ZS is a quality lightweight boxer - in that it's cheap as chips putting out 180ish bhp with great handling. Up against similar weighted boxers - for that read similarly priced so called sports cars - and it'll wee all over them as pound for pound it simply cannot be beaten.

Stick it in against a heavyweight boxer or an expensive car with with 300+bhp - the ZS may still be more nimble and agile - but it just ain't got enough to deliver the knockout, and will get done.

And ... that's an opinion that I have got - and can give, whether you like it or not - anywhere on this or any other forum by the way.

But - Daytona - I'm glad that you had a good safe blast around and surprised the driver of another very fast car.