View Single Post
Old 19-09-11, 04:47 PM   #34
Ritchy
technically an expertish

Ritchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to all
Couldnt have put it better myself dan,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
I've had a read back through this thread, and I can't see anyone having a go at our cars.

All there has been has been an opinion from some of us, that although we believe our cars are great - there are actually faster ones out there - that's all.

On a simple - have a look at the figures discussion - there are a lot of cars out there which will be faster in a straight line. Everyone knows that our cars handle very well, but we are a sensible bunch and some perspective needs to be taken as we are not a bunch or spotty teenagers who believe that our saxos do 150mph just because we've got an induction kit on them !

The way I see it - it's like this.

The ZS is a quality lightweight boxer - in that it's cheap as chips putting out 180ish bhp with great handling. Up against similar weighted boxers - for that read similarly priced so called sports cars - and it'll wee all over them as pound for pound it simply cannot be beaten.

Stick it in against a heavyweight boxer or an expensive car with with 300+bhp - the ZS may still be more nimble and agile - but it just ain't got enough to deliver the knockout, and will get done.

And ... that's an opinion that I have got - and can give, whether you like it or not - anywhere on this or any other forum by the way.

But - Daytona - I'm glad that you had a good safe blast around and surprised the driver of another very fast car.