View Single Post
Old 21-09-11, 10:23 AM   #27
Enright

Enright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterzs View Post
However the work you have done is immense,
Ah, much of it is just niggly, fiddly jobs that don't individually make much of a difference, but as a whole they transform the car. When I see something I don't like I just add it to the list, then I don't have to keep trying to remember stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterzs View Post
think it would have been quicker and easier to have bought a cat C or D with bumper damage!!!!
I can see your point, but there are a few good arguments against that:

1) I'm cr@p at bodywork! I just don't have the patience or the facilities for all the prep work. If I can do straight bolt-on replacements then I'm fine, but after that I find it all a bit of a black art. Give me mechanical/electrical issues to sort any day. The finish is much less subjective - they either work or they don't!

2) I've tried it before with the blue ZR TD that was in one of the previous pictures. It only had some sill damage which had previously written it off due to a general state of neglect/abuse, and which I was able to cover up with a sideskirt.
As a Cat C you get no history (not even a number of previous owners), and with that one after I went through all the effort to get it running and VIC checked it turned out to have been clocked, AND I was owner number lucky 13! Then having got it just about how I wanted it, when I got ran into I had further insurance problems because my insurer had a clause in the small-print that they don't insure previous write-offs, so cancelled my policy. Settlement is still outstanding as I'm having to chase it myself. Note of caution to others - avoid Swiftcover.com!

3) Facelift ZS TD's are like rocking horse poo, especially for that price. The last decent one I saw was the yellow one on Copart, which ended up going for silly money. For this one the expense hasn't been too bad. The major investment has been time, and hey, it keeps me off the streets!

Mk2 MG ZS TD 115 with full 180 kit (and 2x Lotus Elan SE Turbos)

Last edited by Enright; 21-09-11 at 10:32 AM.
Enright is offline   Reply With Quote