Thread: "The Project"
View Single Post
Old 02-10-11, 02:59 PM   #6
Maxxed_Ross
Events Organiser-Scotland

Maxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura aboutMaxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterzs View Post
Have no idea what the BTCC front hubs are like, but no chance the MGB/RV8 front splined hubs would fit, or be man enough for the torque.

Just a thought, as it seems most of our ZS bits come out of some parts bin or orther, from the old Rover days!!!!
The ZS hubs are the same as Honda Integra I think, but when I looked into those hubs I was going to have exactly the same problem fitting those as I would the ones I was going to get from WSR. Because they were custom machined they don't fit any of the standard suspension points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
ive got a very good m/c shop down here if you need anything?

Drew
I might need to take you up on that, the guy up here can do it but he's taking an age to do it. The car has been on axel stands since May now

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCKYDEVIL View Post
So are you getting your Very own custom wheels then ?
Is there no resource for you to get BTCC wheels for the hubs.?
I looked into custom wheels and had Compomotive all lined up and ready to go, but the offset required (-20 I think it was) was going to put a hell of a stress on the rest of the hub components... and spacers for the standard wheels are out because the brakes foul them.

I already have 2 sets of BTCC wheels in the garage, the problem I had was that my hubs were a botched hybrid of the BTCC centre stud and a standard ZS hub welded together. It didn't look right and after all this work I didn't want to risk a failure half way round a corner.

Sooooo the whole thing has gone full circle and I'm having mu own bespoke hubs made up to fit the original BTCC wheels - complete with centre lock nuts

At this rate the brakes and hubs are going to cost more than my original budget for the whole build... so that should give an idea of how insane this has become now

www.facebook.com/EX259

"It's not broken, it's an opportunity to upgrade!"
Maxxed_Ross is offline   Reply With Quote