Thread: SDI Injectors
View Single Post
Old 08-11-11, 08:28 PM   #26
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Well done, might be worth looking at the bleed off pipes.

Easy to do at the same time, if they look a bit worn.

My local shop gave me a kit for a Vauxhall. Seems to fit OK.

The injectors just need a wiggle and a pull straight up to get out. Thats after taking off the clamps at the bottom.

I spent 10 mins winding No1 round and round as it felt like it was screwed in!!!! Doh.

Take care of the wire from No1 injector. Also be careful how you unclip the wire from No1. where it goes into the brown plug and socket connector. I used a small screwdriver to pull the spring clip off, did it too well and it sprung out and disappeared, luckily it fell down onto the foam undertray.

Squeeze the fuel bulb to put the pressure back. I didnt crack the injectors, just cranked it over a few times and it fired up.

I'm keeping my old injectors just in case I dont pass the smoke test on the next MOT. If I also have to refit my cat as well, I'll be rebuilding the car for each MOT.

Got a price of £95 for refurb on the O/E injectors that came out.

Good luck with it.