View Single Post
Old 15-11-11, 10:31 AM   #7
Maxxed_Ross
Events Organiser-Scotland

Maxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura aboutMaxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
That I likey! Best one as well imo. Prices are a bit strange on these, some high some seem a bit cheap and not to everyones taste. Funny as I was watching Tomb Raider last night! V8?
They are vasty different. The 90 versions (300 made) seem to go between £8k and £14k for a mint one... these 110 versions (only 100 made) start at around £14k and can go as high as £20k. The only other 110 for sale just now (in Glasgow strangely enough and not as nice as this one!) is up for £17k

I suppose that's a realistic sort of price considering they were over £30k new back in 2001... an insane amount of money for a Defender back then. I was speaking to my mate that works for Landrover about it the other night and he was saying even the basic Tomb Raider had over £7k worth of extras on it from the factory - and with this one having the "Extreme Pack" that was another £4k

It all adds up!

As for the engine, it's a sensible TD5 I'm afraid. The movie version was a 4.2 V8 from a Discovery and mounted into a Defender 130 Hi-Cap (they never came as either a soft top or a V8!)

Landrover Special Vehicles built two of them, and as for as I know both are now in motor heritage centres

www.facebook.com/EX259

"It's not broken, it's an opportunity to upgrade!"
Maxxed_Ross is offline   Reply With Quote