View Single Post
Old 26-11-11, 10:07 PM   #36
SimonMGZS

SimonMGZS is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
OK, I created a thread a looong time ago with rough outline to my plans for a custom centre console. Thread was here:

http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=11562

Well today I completed my order of items bar one or two cables. I have done this on a ?500 budget and still have around ?100 left. (I already had the laptop)

I have chosen to go with a laptop under the footwell for a couple of reasons; space/ventilation and when ignition goes off the PC will still run on laptop battery so no rebooting every petrol stop!

The plan is thus:

I am completely customising the centre console from the bottom up.

Installed will be a touchscreen monitor with DVD drive beneath it, usb slots, power button and push start button.

The above will be connected to a laptop with sat nav, ipod connectivity and all the usual PC gubbins (internet etc)

I will be installing an amp as there will be no head unit.

The four buttons along the top (fogs etc) will be removed and replaced with red led ring switches.

OBD2 data will be accessible.

The aircon will be relocated on the centre console and will be changed to red led's to match the rest of the dash.

I plan on extending the dash over the ashtray recess as I have no use for it and it means I can position USB ports there.

I will be running Centrafuse front end for the PC and I am running a second 4" monitor in the dash recess where the light sensor for climate control is. This will be hinged to allow it to be stowed away.

This monitor will be a secondary desktop, so using my iphone as a mouse, I will be able to have it display sat nav/obd2 data or......

I am also installing 2 night vision colour cameras, front and rear. The rear one will activate when I go in reverse and will display on the 4" monitor.
The front camera will be available to both monitors and will have a record function too. Obviously not gonna be high quality but will be fun. Also has night vision so may come in useful.

Lastly, I already have rear parking sensors but someone installed front ones but they have never worked and are becoming loose. So I have ordered new ones and they have a monitor that tells you the distance of the car in front. This will replace the clock.

Anyway, you're all probably asleep by now so here's some piccies!

ALL THE ELECTRICAL GOODIES

did i see a sealey power products power inverter in all that.if it is i would not use that at all as they have a tendancy to go faulty plus also they do not give out the right sine wave for running computers.
2005 mg zs180 2.5ltr v6

janspeed full stainless steel sports exhaust
itg maxogen induction kit
19" rss alloy wheels

Last edited by KevG; 27-11-11 at 10:31 PM.
SimonMGZS is offline   Reply With Quote