Thread: Zs written of
View Single Post
Old 11-01-12, 04:36 PM   #1
Nor

Nor is a jewel in the roughNor is a jewel in the roughNor is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
Don't understand what the issue is here.

If you're not claiming - how come they got to see the quote for repair and decide to write it off ... ? It wasn't an accident for the purposes of the road traffic act - "If owing to the presence of another motor vehicle an accident occurs .... " so there was no need for any issues to be raised with the insurer at the outset. Now that they know - they will write it off as the repair is more than the value of the car.

If I were you - let them write it off - buy it back and punt around in it with a few quid in your pocket. The damage as far as I see it in terms of the insurance company - has now been done.
I took it to one of Admiral's repair centres as the claims guy suggested it was a good idea, just so I knew my position and what options would be available to me. Then they seemed to skip about 5 steps I expected them to go through and just wrote it off and cancelled the insurance.

They offered me £1300 to get the repairs done myself, but it would obliterate my NCB as they're not protected atm.

Last edited by Nor; 11-01-12 at 04:38 PM.
Nor is offline   Reply With Quote