Thread: MOT Pass
View Single Post
Old 26-01-12, 07:58 PM   #3
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yampiedog View Post
Unfortunately it has five advisory items but I knew about the brake discs and pads and was due to replace them myself.
CV joint gaiters have deteriorated but not letting in dirt yet - I'll have top pay someone to do these as I'm not dismantling suspension / tracking, they will do it for £100
I was looking at just under £100 to buy replacement discs and pads for front and rear off ebay but they offered to do the front pads and rear discs and pads and MOT for £225 (after haggling) so I accepted and saved me some time and effort.
Can't really grumble over that and this was from F1 Auto Centre in Southampton.
Emissions passed too!
Will they issue you with another certificate then as the advisories have been done. Would reflect better if you were to sell the car on ....
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote