View Single Post
Old 11-03-12, 01:42 PM   #33
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
Tis a shame Dan, lesson learned, albeit an expensive one and onto another ZS? Was this their first track outing? If so not a very bright idea but then hindsight is a wonderful thing as they say.
Not sure mate to be honest.

The thing is this was never meant to be a track car in the same way as smokeys. This was supposed to be a car for us to jump into and drive to a track - have some fun in it - then drive it home. I was happy to lump in £200, but wouldn't be too keen on throwing a lot more into what would be a 3-4 time a year venture.

Not sure about "Not a very bright idea" to be honest. the driver is in his 40s as we all are and without speaking to him as yet, I'm not sure what the circumstances were of him going off, but, clearly it was too much for him at the time - but this was all about the road trip. We all know he should've gone a bit slower and that would have lead to a few more days and got more out of what really was a decent car, but it's not worked out that way and I'm sure he's regretting it now.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote