View Single Post
Old 20-03-12, 05:53 PM   #42
Quadcam24

Quadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
The Siemens ecu can only learn a small amount and doesn't have the ability to advance the timing, only to retard it. It can change the fuelling by a small amount to allow for changing weather conditions.

The remap can go beyond this and advance the timing and the AFR until such point you can't go beyond the parameters within the stock ecu.
i always thought this till a conversation with george a few years back.
Him and ross had taken the supercharger off ross's car then both went in their own zs's to santa pod, georges car was standard, ross's car was now standard because the sc had been removed. They did some side by sides on the way to pod and ross's car was noticeably quicker, being able to pull on georges car every time, which also showed in the times at pod, where ross proceeded to set a time that was incredible for a standard car whilst georges just did what was expected.
Both ross and george told me it was because the car was running massive advance in the timing from having the charger just removed.
Now i dont know one way or the other, but how do you explain it otherwise ?
Quadcam24 is offline   Reply With Quote