View Single Post
Old 20-03-12, 09:14 PM   #44
zsserbia

zsserbia will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcam24 View Post
i always thought this till a conversation with george a few years back.
Him and ross had taken the supercharger off ross's car then both went in their own zs's to santa pod, georges car was standard, ross's car was now standard because the sc had been removed. They did some side by sides on the way to pod and ross's car was noticeably quicker, being able to pull on georges car every time, which also showed in the times at pod, where ross proceeded to set a time that was incredible for a standard car whilst georges just did what was expected.
Both ross and george told me it was because the car was running massive advance in the timing from having the charger just removed.
Now i dont know one way or the other, but how do you explain it otherwise ?
It makes some sense if it was remaped with the charger on, leaving a big advance setup to add more fuel. After removing the charger it would still take 20 miles or so to re-learn/retard it... What it doesn't make sense to me is why the performance was better, there was less air to burn additional fuel, right?

A guy that did the belts on my derv said that there was a big timing advance on the pump and advised he should put it back to standard/factory spec. At first the ride wasn't so good and the injectors were ticking a lot. I complained but he explained I should give it a chance for the ecu to re-learn the timing. Upon 20 miles or so there was such an improvement that I wasn't sure if there was a derv under the bonnet anymore! Been smooth ever since, especially after I cleaned the maf. It really sounds beautiful and I really wouldn't mess this now for a bit of performance...
zsserbia is offline   Reply With Quote