View Single Post
Old 01-04-12, 10:29 PM   #4
Smokey
The Alan Gow of OBTCC

Smokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to behold
I agree the £1k may seem like a lot of dough but if you think about it, you would get 3-4 decent mods and still end up with circa 200bhp which compared to the 500bhp behemoths that turn up weekly at the track, you are never going to be 'fast' in a straight line. Corners are where it's at and the standard ZS seems to handle Knockhill well. It depends on what you want from it, I'm not punting loads of money in to it as its a cheap fun thing and as other members are sharing the experience, I get a lot of pleasure out of that.

Your title says 'thinking' of turning it in to a track car. Is it maybe worth signing up for one of my track meets to drive a stripped out 180 with minimal mods and then decide if you want to commit to changing your cars purpose?

Just my 2 cents, everyone has different ideas.

2009 Forza 2 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC 2nd Place Runner-up
2009/2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Clio Cup 4th Place
2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/F500 Cup 2nd Place Runner-up
2011 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 3rd Place
2012 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 1st Place Winner
2012/2013 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/DTM Championship 3rd Place
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote