View Single Post
Old 23-04-12, 05:55 PM   #16
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
I took a different approuch -

I moved the battery to the boot
and
fitted a BMC CDA in it's place with a 90' bend from the throttle body and another 90' down to the opening in the chassis leg (if you've not seen the hole it is mirrored by the one the washer tank sits in). This has moved the filter and inlet pipes away from the radiator.

One day I'll link the throttle bypass to this set up but at the moment it has a small filter on it drawing air from the engine bay.

I've been running a scangauge since before doing this and have seen a considerable improvement in inlet tempretures. Before it would not cool down once temps had got up, since it will run at 5' above ambiant tempreture when moving, I once even saw 60' while driving around the local resort town near my mother-in-laws in Spain, as soon as we hit the motorway it starts to drop and reaches the 5' above with in 2 miles.

Interestingly the first year I ran this set up I still had the resonator box fitted to the car but not connected and had assumed it would interfere with airflow, however once I had the opertunity to remove it I found that the inlet temp would raise quicker and drop more slowly, next step is to fit a baffle below the chassis leg to keep the warm air out of the under arch area.

You may be able to get an idea from my avaitar.