View Single Post
Old 03-05-12, 08:22 AM   #15
MG6Turbo
Banned

MG6Turbo is on a distinguished road
Not a good comparison for size, as the octavia shown is an estate and had mg done a zs estate then im sure it would have been just as accomodating.

However, if you went a test drove a octavia vrs diesel saloon today, the only thing you would miss with the 180 is the engine note.

The handling of the new vrs is better than the zs 180. The spec is better than the 180, the interior is better than the zs 180.

The new Octavia vrs 170 is in my eyes the perfect replacement for the zs 180 and i have seen a couple of people go from the zs to the new octavia and not look back.

Having driven both cars on track, im afraid to say the lap time of the octavia was slightly quicker, but then it should be considering that its newer technology.

The zs 180 can still hold its own, but it is showing its age in places. However, if you was to compare a vrs of same vintage with the zs, the zs would show it how its done.

Shame the Mg6 cant even compete with a 180 in its handling and performance, saying that, it cant even compete against a skoda in that respect either.

Looking forward to seeing how my MG6 goes when its completed. Im hoping it will deserve to be badged an MG.

George
MG6Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote