View Single Post
Old 18-05-12, 09:41 PM   #114
Eddie

Eddie will become famous soon enough
Drew

Point taken, you could also factor in wear on gearbox components, diff, bearings, any kind of drag on the clutch, brake pad contact, worn wheel bearings, general wear and tear on the bottom end of the engine, tired ignition system, so many variables from the point the car leaves the factory.
Most dyno’s have compensation formula’s to allow for resistance and climatic conditions, the general rule would be to use the factory figures as a bench mark and work from this point. Always best to measure effort and find a torque curve to make rough calculation on other numbers.
Once we have wheel torque it’s a little easier to “guestimate” the potential crank HP, this you already know of course, main point being, rollers and even hub packs calculate best guess for crank figures, I don’t believe Thor calculate crank HP they just stick with hub power, that’s fairly close to WHP once they fudge in the compensations.
I will be very interested to see just how much power over stock WHP (144) Steve’s car will make, personally, I don’t think the peak numbers will be particularly high but it should have killer torque based on the other mods done to the car.
We shall see I guess,