View Single Post
Old 19-05-12, 10:37 AM   #122
Quadcam24

Quadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
not the easiest to see, it got wet in the door pocket before i bought it!

steve's 200 v6. std manifold but the valves open, so short runners and large plenum with a single throttle body.

Drew
thats showing huge torque loss in the low and midrange, you can see where its missing !, compared to my last kv6 graph from reylands , which can be seen on xpf i believe. Mines showing 185ftlb at 3500, that ones showing about 147 !!....and wheres the power gone at 5800 revs, it should still be pulling strong up to at least 6500 revs, not tailing off !
In a zr i can imagine it would feel pretty quick but in a zs it would be gutless.

Imo the head will start to become a restriction at the power levels were talking about, put it this way , if you were to have them ported and polished etc you would see some gains....hence they must be restricting power.
Its good having free flowing intake and exhaust but if the actual engine is standard internally then it cant flow anymore air or make anymore power.
yes ross car made 260 on standard heads but thats with forced induction so you cant compare, it may have made 280 with head work for all we know.

edit, my last kv6 graph....click to enlarge, its the blue lines, red ones are the audi engine, before and after comparison on the same rollers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg davesmg055.jpg (65.6 KB, 23 views)

Last edited by Quadcam24; 19-05-12 at 10:50 AM.