Thread: Civic Coilovers
View Single Post
Old 22-05-12, 11:34 AM   #16
ZS Phil

ZS Phil has a spectacular aura aboutZS Phil has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckFeet View Post
Wow that's low. Whare are you on the scale of max/min height? How is the ride compared to standard?
As said, I raised it slightly since the pics were taken. Even then though there was loads of thread left to go lower, could have pretty much touched the road I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_b82 View Post
Just a quick question - are these units designed for the petrol Civic's?

As i would not have thought they would have designed something for the TD (or KV6 as they use the same suspension setup).

If they are petrol spec - i personally would stay away from them on a derv as the spring rates etc will not be right..... that and i can't lower my car as there are far too many hills and speed bumps where i live and get scraping as it stands now
Yeh they are designed for a petrol civic. From doing a bit of reading the honda engines weigh about 120kg and the l series 150 like a V6.
If you have a freind with you in the passenger seat who weighs 13 stone and yourself who weighs 13 stone (a combined mass of 164 kg) you wouldnt think twice about it so a difference of a few kg over the front end cant make that much difference.
At the end of the day they cost £200, they look good and the car still handles and has an acceptable ride quality so for what I use the car for Im not going to get too hung up about spring rates etc.