View Single Post
Old 25-05-12, 08:36 PM   #2
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
A couple of posts from a blog about my cruise control project over on zscentral.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars
Started wiring up the steering wheel remote yesterday, whipped off the top of the steering column to find that the pink and white wires are in the plug from the rotery coupler, eventually traced them to a plug on top of the internal fuse box, the matching terminals on this plug are empty so I'm now looking for the correct terminals so I can add them in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars
I thought I'd solved the terminal problem by using some I had left from the T16 conversion on my maestro, I still had the plug from the original ECU so I liberated a couple of this and soldered them to each end, ok, it was a bit more than a couple as there were 2 at each end. They looked to be spot on but when I went to fit them in the grey plug atop of the fuse box they were like a fag paper too big.

I then took the other side terminals out of the plug and put each togeather under heat shrink tube.

I then connected the other end as per Chris's photos, connected the autoleads unit and I had steering wheel audio controls, also fitted the DAB/analouge ariel splitter and I now have Planet Rock, BBC7 and talk sport in digital.

Only problem is the bulk of the autoleads gear is making it difficult to locate the head unit so I need to adapt this slightly.
I did all this without removing the dash so if you need to you can put yours back in.