View Single Post
Old 07-06-12, 02:52 PM   #25
MG6Turbo
Banned

MG6Turbo is on a distinguished road
First thing I would be doing is sorting out engine mounts and a front splitter.

Also when i drove it, the brakes were an issue.

Yes an awesome car, but it needs finishing to make it the ultimate track weapon, as to be fair, in its current state, its not stable at high speed. I was able to snatch 5th on the back straight at Donny, and the front end became very light above 125mph !

As for the way it starts from cold and hot, thats part and parcel of having aftermarket management. To be honest, its easy to get used to and becomes 2nd nature !

Both Ross and I discussed this car before he parted from it, and we both agreed it was no longer a car that could be used on the road and on track. The mods had taken it beyond that.

I believe trackdays are changing from what they used to be about.

The idea of a trackday, was to take your car and have fun and explore your driving limitations in safety( to a degree).

The problem is now, you have race cars using trackdays as test days as they are cheaper, hire companies hiring out exotic 2 seaters to people who dont have a clue !!

Road going cars that have been stripped out, fitted with roll cages and different suspension and brakes, and most have not been set up correctly which means they probably handle worse than a std car.

I remember when we first started trackdays, that most cars were road legal cars and hadnt been changed too much.

All I will say Sneaky, this ZS you have now needs serious setting up and sorting.

The last 2 keepers since Dave havent looked after it, and have just ragged the crap out of it.

Ross started to address the issues, and then he obviously found something else to replace this with that was more suited to him.

G
MG6Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote