View Single Post
Old 20-06-12, 11:23 AM   #195
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
The restriction is in the inlet and exhaust manifold arrangements, NASP tuning really is a black art and more attention to the engines flow should be considered when trying to produce additional power.
Its not a black art at all its just involves lots of complex science. Turbo tuning is easy as you can just ram as much air in a possible and get over any flow losses.

I think the VIS system is a good concept, but its nothing new cars have had variable induction tracts for years, Porsche had a system back in the 50's cant remember the model of car off the top of my head.

The trouble is MG didnt make a great job of it. There are much more effective systems that can be seen in other marquees on top of this match it with a variable valve system gives decent torque, power and efficiency from engines smaller than 2L.

This makes me wish I'd gone for looking at redesigning the plenum for my dissertation. However the future of SI engines is a cam-less one

2012 BMW 320d Sport