View Single Post
Old 20-06-12, 06:00 PM   #10
Ravinder_Tomcat220T

Ravinder_Tomcat220T is on a distinguished road
So today my mate gave me a hand with a couple of things as I'm useless with most things but electrics I don't touch! Today, my rear view mirror was replaced with one from an MG TF which has the courtesy lights on them. I got a couple of LED bulbs to fit in them as well so brighter then the standard ones.

Standard

TF one fitted

Also decided to fit my new head unit. I wanted to keep the original one in but the main source button fell off and I cannot find it anywhere and I had bought a brand new Pioneer DEH 7300BT with bluetooth for a bargain price in the clearance sale about 10 months ago so thought I'd fit this so I can plug in my ipod into it. Really good head unit!

We then got started on repairing the rear washer as when you turn it on from the stalk, the water comes pissing down inside the car in the corner of the back window! Obviously a split in the hose somewhere so water is not getting to the back window jet. So started to take the trim apart to find a split in the hose. So went to Halfords and bought some more tube and a one way valve but it's still not working properly. When plugging in the valve, the water isn't getting to the rest of the tube so isn't feeding water to the jet. It was getting dark and cold so gave up so will finish this off later in the week.

So the next job is to finish repairing the rear washer (pain of a job) and fix the dash lights as they are dimmer then normal. Hopefully it's case of just changing a bulb or two behind the centre console.

Also, ordered a BRM key ring that I spotted on Ebay. I just had to get it!

Took a few pics of her before she was tucked up in her home.

Here is the rust on all 4 arches.

Rust on the door

OE Rover wind deflectors

Goodnight BRM
Ravinder_Tomcat220T is offline   Reply With Quote