View Single Post
Old 01-07-12, 03:57 PM   #4
Maxxed_Ross
Events Organiser-Scotland

Maxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura aboutMaxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura about
it is indeed a T16, but just a bog standard one just now. I think they're around the 230bhp mark but can't remember. I've fitted this one because I know it runs - so if I have any running issues at all I know it's the car and not the engine.

I've 3 T16 engines in various states that I pan on building one good race engine out of. It'll be built properly so everything skimmed, the bores checked, balanced crank, forged top end and ported head if funds allow. Drew at Roverdose has already been a great help and has offered to build it up for me to make sure it's perfect.

After that I'm fitting my Garret T28RS turbo that i kept from ASBO, so it should be around the 300bhp mark with that - about the same as the BTCC car would have had with the Judd 2.0 V6. The engine and the intercooler are good for 400bhp so who knows where it'll end up!

I've another PG1 gearbox and one from a 620 with a Type B diff in it, so loads of option if the gearing isn't quite right. The type B will keep me going until I can afford a Gripper - or until I rip it in half again like the last two!

www.facebook.com/EX259

"It's not broken, it's an opportunity to upgrade!"

Last edited by Maxxed_Ross; 01-07-12 at 04:02 PM.
Maxxed_Ross is offline   Reply With Quote