Thread: my new car!
View Single Post
Old 06-07-12, 10:57 AM   #20
andy-81

andy-81 has a spectacular aura aboutandy-81 has a spectacular aura about
yeah not much will be happeneing to her the jobs list i compiled yesterday is as follows

Full rewire
engine out and rebuild as shes been stood longer than ive been alive
indicators will be changed for more suitable ones i think the existing ones are off a bike!
Full underbody sealed and treated

Once shes done i will cover her up till october when i dont have to have her mot'd
She may get a run out then (weather permitting) but chances are she'll be left untill next summer. She won't be doing that many miles just onto a trailer then off again at the shows.

I came about her after overhearing a conversation at a local classic car show about a bloke who sadly passed away 40 yrs ago and his wife has only just thought about getting rid of it so me being a git cheeky, i joined the converation and asked where she lived and what she wanted for it. After aquiring her detail i gave her a phone call and arranged a visit to south sheilds with a landy and trailer she told me that her husband was working at the BSC where the car was built, he loved the car and bought one brand new for £37!
so it turns out that i'm the second owner! She asked for £3'200 pounds for it so after a bit of an online valuation it turns out its wirth roughly 4-5 grand so after a cuppa and some fasinating stories i gave her the 3'200 didnt even haggle! she baorded the trailer for the trip home.
andy-81 is offline   Reply With Quote