View Single Post
Old 09-07-12, 08:06 PM   #1
ian Harris

ian Harris is on a distinguished road
This weekends jobs

Had Sunday afternoon to do some fiddling,
1st Job was reseal the Scuttle panel, last 3-4 days there has been a trickle of water on the passenger rubber mat so searched the forum and found the scuttle panel was a common cause, i removed the panel and did find the foam seal hanging off in numerous place and a puddle of water near the heater fan - I cleaned and dried everything and made a new seal with Wickes heavy duty draught excluder foam and then refitted it - fingers crossed.

Next job was move the parrot display, it had been fitted by the centre air vent but it was difficult to see in bright light, I removed the dash console and made a an L bracket so it now sits at the front of the binnacle in central view only hiding the immobiliser LED

Job 3 was to fit the Pipercross filter correctly - previous owner hadn't fitted the bracket so removed it and gave the alloy a polish and oiled the foam. My car didn't have the mounting point for the bracket so I drilled one through the lifting eye, once all fitted was still not happy - the filter was still bouncing around and still found nowhere to duct the cold feed pipe, for now the filter is cable tied to a hose to stop it bouncing into the rad.

Job 4 - new badges from eBay with silver carbon and green logo, looked really smart but rushed fitting them and should have warmed with a hair dryer so have ended with a couple of creases - fit needed a slight trim first as well, this job likely to be repeated in a few days.

Job 5 - saggy rear bumper - well not got that far as it was 9pm
ian Harris is offline   Reply With Quote