View Single Post
Old 13-07-12, 10:21 AM   #173
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
She lives...... and is not embarrasing herself by leaving a puddle underneath anymore... old coolant piped had rusted from the inside out - complete mess - one of the brackets had disolved as well....

Could not get OE pipes as NLA - and the custom ones were not going to be done in time and were going to be too much cost wise - so a breaker came to the rescue.. 'As new' from a late plate 25.

new clutch is a an absolutely dream - got a nice light feel in the action and very progressive.... back to OE feel i would probably guess.... no more permanent handbrake starts and huge drive-line shudder as it engages....

i should have taken some picks of the old unit - it was a mess....

Aircon pipes are also NLA or the one i need isn't and the guy needed 3 weeks lead time to create some new ones, can't sort AC without a running engine, and with no coolant pipes no running engine... so just ran out of time...

going to be able to give the car a good workout with a 1000+ mile trip lined up shortly....

have to say even after a 7 hour work day then a 7 hour stint of travel - the last 2 hours in the ZS were an absolute joy..... if you want to appreciate your ZS for a while - leave it parked up for 2 months and drive something else - even modern and getting abck in it will bring a smile to your face (and back )

want to go and drive the car but slight 'scared' of it being friday the 13th
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote