View Single Post
Old 23-08-12, 12:33 PM   #13
ZRed

ZRed is a jewel in the roughZRed is a jewel in the roughZRed is a jewel in the roughZRed is a jewel in the rough
I'll be honest, whilst forum advice can be brilliant, at times like this it can be very misleading aswell. From what you've said and I've read in your previous posts, my advice is stop changing parts that other folk have said caused them problems. Take it to a garage that has an interest in Mg / rover. As I read "rovers are like that with code readers" from your other post, that's a load of bollocks. Every car is like that if you have no clue to what you are doing. If you were closer idve liked a look. It sounds like something simple but without seeing it or knowing what anyone else has done or "checked" before, it's virtually impossible to guide you. It'd be a stab in the dark.

For the record, common problems listed on here such as ;

Idle control valve issues - I've never had one on any k series.
Poor pump fuel - never one. Heard Jap cars have the odd issue.
Lambda sensors - never had one fail.
Throttle bodies leaking - never.
Blocked injector - never.
Ecu failure or malfunction - never.

Now in no way shape or form am I saying that any of the above won't happen or have issues, but when I read this forum it reads like these happen constantly. In my experience of 12 years and numerous rovers in all models, I've never seen it.

One thing to check that I have touched on before is to check the wiring loom behind the inlet. Where it meets the metal pipe causes chaffing and shorts out the wires. Effecting usually the map sensor, injectors and idle control valve. You can almost bet that it won't have been checked unless by someone who knows these cars.

Hopefully that doesn't sound too high and mighty, but I hate to think a good car would go to waste due to bad advice and shoddy diagnostic skills.