View Single Post
Old 05-09-12, 10:03 AM   #49
Sodakid

Sodakid is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enright View Post
It looks a lovely car, and I while I think that changing wheels is usually a change for the worse, the ones you've picked really suit it.

A couple of things spring to mind though, and this is only meant to be CONSTRUCTIVE criticism:

If I were you I would always play it safe and photo-shop the registration number out of any pics posted of the car, for 2 reasons:
1) It's so easy for people to get false plates made up over the internet nowadays, and the first you'd know about it is when plod came knocking on your door accusing you of failing to pay for petrol (or worse). Yes you'd probably be able to prove your case, but best to prevent the problem in the first place rather than cure it.
2) Insurance companies look for any reasons (or excuses) not to pay in the event of a claim, and that includes trawling forums like this and noting un-declared modifications. If they can prove that you've done something to your car and failed to tell them about it, they could make life really difficult for you in the future. Again, better safe than sorry.

The other thing, and it's only personal preference, is that I think the back end of Mk2's looks rather bare when de-badged. I managed to get original badges from a scrapyard for mine, then got the big MG octagon insert from Dazzer to replace the faded one. I know there are still panel gap issues around my bumper, but as you can see, at least the bootlid doesn't look like a big empty expanse any longer.
Cheers mate i will have to edit the images tonight,
I have declared all mods and you will be glad to hear I have a brand new badge coming

Sodakid is offline   Reply With Quote