Thread: Saloon vs hatch
View Single Post
Old 19-09-12, 04:31 PM   #66
waynester

waynester is on a distinguished road
We will never achieve the 'definitive' answer, purely because we will all defend our own.
A saloon owner is no more going to slag his car & praise the hatch, than hatch owners doing the same.

Had I bought a saloon I may well be standing on my soapbox shouting how great the saloon is.
I ended up with the hatch..because it was a bloody good bargain, & she looked great all polished with her straights!

For me personally..& I mentioned this earlier in this thread, I wanted to avoid the saloon because I have just spent 5 years owning an E39 BMW saloon.. so the last thing I wanted was..another saloon!

I did look at a blue saloon with big extreme spoiler down in Southend, but was to much for what I wanted to pay. Plus, my mate who gave me a lift said...its trying to hard to copy a Subaru Impreza.. Not that that would have stopped me buying it had I wanted it.

I understand what the extreme spoiler on the saloon is, but what is the extreme spoiler on the hatch?
My mk1 180 rear spoiler is stepped/cranked up at each end, is that it? I'm sure I saw a smaller spoiler on a hatch before?

*Car was SOTW August '12
waynester is offline   Reply With Quote