View Single Post
Old 22-10-12, 05:19 PM   #45
Cally180

Cally180 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdDaMan View Post
So how was it on track? Wht was the standard suspension like? A little too soft?
Also why are you thinking of changing to a 15" wheel when the chassis and geo was set up for a 17"?! If its just for weight/rolling resistance etc I doubt it's worth it!
Over all it done well, running standard and down on power (inlet issue) not a lot got by it, was eating mx5's all day and got a good race with a few Peugeots. Only thing that passed me was scoobys and the two saxo's I was up with. Had a good chase with a cavilier GSI up the straight and kept up with it, only for it to get away due to hittin traffic.

Yeah it handled ok for being standard suspension and standard budget tyres. Not a lot of body roll but yeah soft

The wheels - Well for a few reasons,

The size that these come with these is also 16" so dropping to 15" wouldn't be doing any harm.. Plus it's all about acceleration and smaller wheels will help this and yea it will be lighter but that's not just my aim, you also reduce the ground clearance on the car dropping the size and in return will help with handling.

That and tyres are also easier to get / buy for 15"

I'm thinking more of civics etc.. They run 15" a run well, I don't see any issues or anything different when it comes to the ZS

Last edited by Cally180; 22-10-12 at 05:50 PM.
Cally180 is offline   Reply With Quote