View Single Post
Old 10-11-12, 11:18 AM   #12
Craig-ZS180

Craig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by zsserbia View Post
I couldn't compare the three as I didn't own any other than the ZS derv, but someone on here will drop a line... Personally I wouldn't go for a ZT-T unless I really needed an estate, but each to their own.

As for the ZS derv, I don't see why it wouldn't handle the same as the 180, the brakes you may as well upgrade to 180 ones or some aftermarket setup. It will be slower and it wouldn't sound as pretty but it's a compromise you have to take when you want to save on fuel. Anything with a BMW engine would provide less mpg than the L-series.

Also, it being rather simple, there are less things to go wrong and most of the time you would drive it rather than repair it...

Although not so powerful, it's torgue won't dissapoint you and your pocket money would be enough to tune it a bit if you want a lot more power.
I know they are very tuneable and cheap to run after the old 200, this is why I do keep looking at the ZS option now.
Also like you say with the probable saved income over using less fuel, cheaper tax and lower insurance I would be able to make it more interesting to drive over standard.
Plus think still got some diesel goodies hidden away in the garage for the last L series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Peanut View Post
I made the mistake of moving to an estate when my second came along, was great for lugging stuff on holiday once a year but cost a load more to run as a daily.

I think the two posts above hit the nail on the head, you are probably going to lose money on the 180 given current prices and will regret it.
This is the main heart argument, I know I will miss the v6 but if I keep plowing money into it am I going to lose the love and then regret not changing when I could possibly afford to.
If it does go I will have another one day.