View Single Post
Old 10-11-12, 12:31 PM   #16
Craig-ZS180

Craig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchy View Post
What kind of mileage are you doing? And whats the difference in insurance? Personally wouldnt buy a zt for cheaper running costs as they arent as reliable. Need to do the maths really, expected mpg from the new car over x number of miles and rough guestimate of the same distance i yours and work out what the price difference is to run. As said you may buy a lemon that needs a ton of work so factor that in too

Mileage varies tbh, never the same every month but in terms of tanks a full tank in the 180 will just get 2 weeks but when I had the L series I know I'm a 200 so would give a slight variable but that used to give me 3.5 to almost 4 weeks out of a tank. Even when on a higher mileage month the SD used to cover at least 3 weeks which was sometimes 650 miles of round town and motorway mix.
I know I'll get very little for the 180 but I'd probably sell it off the forum as not everyone outside the forum knows how cheap they can be. Got to try for the best possible result for my pocket really.
Difference on the ZS diesel is nearly £200 cheaper with possible mods declared whereas the zt is on par just cheaper tax and running "in general".

I know I need to weigh it all up properly but I always feel guilty running the V6 when I could possibly enjoy the diesel just as much with fewer running costs.
More money for the family and house.