View Single Post
Old 09-01-13, 05:11 AM   #17
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by petet16 View Post
Yeah, tough call to be honest
Agreed - apart from an oil leak she is generaly a good car apart from the oil leak, broken handles that I've got replacments for, a slight rumble on a cv joint and a sticking brake - she sailed through the MOT last month with an advisory for a tyre and better than new emisions - I have done loads to her over the years and she is the only car in over 40 I've owned that has been on the road constantly for this length of time and I still enjoy driving her every time I do.

Can I live with the leaks - I could until it considerably worse a couple of weeks ago.

Having slept on it I have decided to get a quote just to repair the leaks and ignore the future proofing works, if that is resonable I'll do it, if not I shall consider doing it myself or even doing my own engine transplant.