View Single Post
Old 10-01-13, 08:25 PM   #1
Skillen

Skillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the rough
Knocking/heavy vibrating and alloy as hot as a house radiator

Been getting a knocking for about a month and it started gentle and now rocks the car!
It's not a constant thing, sometimes lasts 30seconds sometimes 30minutes (been getting longer time periods lately)
It had its MOT yesterday and it passed with rear brake pipe as an advisory. It didn't appear to be there when I first got it back but it soon reared its ugly wobbling head!
Do you think they missed something?
Any ideas on what the issue could be?

Not rev related but the knocks get faster with speed, and more intense on in gear deceleration and out of gear, constant speed cruising makes them loud and acceleratingakes them slightly decrease in intensity.

Also deceleration in gear makes me lose speed pretty quickly and more quickly than I've noticed before.
It also struggled to pull from 45-50 in 5th and struggled up a hill in 3rd when the knocking was there. When the knocking is absent on the same hill it seems fine.

Doesn't pull one way or another and vid below of noise and the shaking coming through the steering.

No ABS light and I tested it and the system seems to work

Passengers say they feel it a lot their side.

Sorry for all the info.
I'm at a loss here guys.
Thanks, Callum.
Skillen is offline   Reply With Quote