View Single Post
Old 12-01-13, 03:28 PM   #116
Cally180

Cally180 is on a distinguished road
Update:

spent a few hours today on the car setting it up for the upcoming Track day, on the 27th. we had a few more stickers to put on including a sunstrip, so got that done,

the main jobs left where:

- Bleed brakes
- Change tyres
- Decat
- Rear Strut

had been onto Opie Oils and got ourselves some Dot 5.1 brake fluid and even got a few Opie oil stickers to match... and an air freshener

so the brakes got done along with changing a few washers on the rear calliper due to it leaking - and that was a job done!

we also had a chance to put a Snap-on diagnostic box onto the car, as when it did come back from its 1st outing it brought the engine management light on. No more than 6 faults appeared which ain't too bad as two or more where the VIS units..

faults turned out to be the lambda sensor but that cleared no bother and also flagged up that the oxygen sensor was at fault, had a spare so swapped them over and that was another - Job done!

tyre are getting done next weekend got a set of pirelli p zero Corsa semi slicks to put on, maybe not as good as what I wanted, R888's, but its the next best thing, still up there with Yokohama Advans I'd say...

also removed the remaining door card, so still looking to move these on, and stripped a few wee bits and bobs as and where possible. the next thing is to perspex the windows and do away with the glass and electric window motors as the Zed continues with its diet

so that just leaves-

- Decat
- rear strut

if these don't get done by the the 27th it ain't a big loss as its all about getting out and enjoying the track day but would like to see them done sooner rather than later.

as an extra note, the suspension I showed up in a different post, decided not to go with the springs as they wont be up to the job, but what about the dampers? would they suit standard springs? I know that if you put uprated springs with standard shockers it gives you a bit of a bounce but how would this react the other way around - standard springs with uprated shockers? and would they shockers even be up to the job rating wise? again was just an extra wee bit of thinking, as I've got the suspension kit there and as its free I'd like to do something with it...

as its stands now

and if anyone notices.. yes the opie oil stickers is a bit squint.. hahaha!
Cally180 is offline   Reply With Quote