Thread: We have snow
View Single Post
Old 18-01-13, 09:39 PM   #7
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
I am still more than irritated with work. It is always quite at this time of year and the recent snow casts have discouraged our customers from ordering much. Todays snow stoped collect customers coming in, I think the last was about 11.30 instead of the usual rush at 4.55.

It started snowing at about 8 a.m., we picked all of the orders for delivery for Monday by 9.30 and started clearing snow, I used the snowplough forklift attachment for nearly 2 hours, we spread 150 x 25kg bags of salt around the yard (we do have about 2500 bags in stock). All the lorries and vans were back and loaded by 2.30. Everything was done.

We had the weekly blog from the acting MD first thing this morning asking us to take care in the current weather conditions.

And the depot manager - jerk - decided that no one should go early, Then he disapeared at 4.30 so our line manager started to let us go - I left 10 minutes early after doing nothing for nearly 3 hours.

Thankfully there was no traffic so I got home in double quick time.

Got in doors and my 16yr old rang asking me to pick her up on the way home from work!

As Gemma is at her mums I decided to treat the kids to a dominos - spent 15 minutes trying to sort out an order - then the 18yr old tells me that they aren't doing deliveries.

Last edited by talkingcars; 18-01-13 at 09:41 PM.
talkingcars is offline   Reply With Quote