View Single Post
Old 25-01-13, 05:31 PM   #280
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Some nice engineering there - would like to know more about your water pump arrangment - have you dumped the O/E pump completly? What about the steering pump?

I was considering an electric pump and a shorter drive belt as my maestro doesn't have PAS and I've killed 2 pumps running it while dry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petet16 View Post
That's a good place for the oil cooler as well, it would be good for 180 owners wanting to get rid of the oe water/oil cooler.
I was thinking about the O/E arrangment today as I was watching the oil temp read out (only this and alternator output work on this lorry which is 15 yrs old and done over half a millon kilometers).

At initial start up does the O/E oil cooler act as an oil warmer as the coolant warms quicker than the oil?