Thread: Minor update.
View Single Post
Old 26-01-13, 09:47 PM   #8
Craig-ZS180

Craig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
Looks good .... Not that low .... Are they motobuild ?
Thanks Dan, no its not too low but the more I look at it, it is quite a noticeable drop which is a nice change. Yeah motobuild springs. To be honest they don't really feel much different to the standard springs, maybe everso slightly stiffer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
No doubt it'll drop a few mm more when settled, looks good on mk2 alloys.
Well it may drop a couple more like you say once the cars settled itself, I think it now sets the wheels off more than when standard height.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterzs View Post
Looking good, see you tomorrow and see it in the flesh!!!!

Certainly will Peter, went out this evening to clean it and give it a bit of a spruce up and no sooner had I finished it bloody rains again..

Quote:
Originally Posted by idge2003 View Post
Looks good and glad you had no problems with anything seized etc!

I really am going to have to get my coilovers on as I miss how my old car looked when lowered compared to the 4x4 esque ride height!

Brett
Cheers Brett, I'm glad it's done but it was far from straight forward. Bolts had seized on most bits at the rear and bushes were spinning and not coming undone so it wasn't a pleasant experience when with limited supplies but Darren my mate who was helping is very good with awkward parts lol. Plus I think as its not his car he wasn't so worried about using more force where I was a bit reserved.
First impressions though are great, I can see why people do get the coilovers when you can go as low & lower and then set it up fully. I would probably only go 5 - 10 mm lower if I did as it'd start to eat the tyres.

Cheers for the bit though mate, wouldn't be sounding or looking like it does now without them