Thread: Deepest joy
View Single Post
Old 16-12-07, 11:42 AM   #11
al_roverMG
Site Supporter

al_roverMG is on a distinguished road
Well i ended up with a set of Osram nightbreakers and got them for a very reasonable 24 quid (which is a fiver less than anywhere i have seen on the net and was funnily enough from the local motor factors). Have to say (as it had osram bulbs of some sort in it anyway which Dad assures me are the standard ones as they did a couple of headlight blubs recently on facelift ZS so i was warned of the difficulty) the colour difference from the main beam is very noticeable. They look as close to the 4300k light colour that hids give without being hids. Subject to trying them in the dark they get a 2 thumbs up from me and i am going to do the main beams with them 2.

Oh and what a right pain to change, under 30 seconds for the drivers side. Passenger side took closer to an hour of removing skin from various bits of my arm and hand while getting into a position that i am sure isnt humanly possible in no space. Ended up with SWMBO and her smaller hands in there to get the new bulb in. Battery is coming out to do the main beams i think.