View Single Post
Old 19-03-13, 04:08 PM   #19
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
i think techncially speaking you the car is at fault for crossing the flow of traffic and entering a minor road from a major one - it is technically your responsibility to make sure it is clear for you to do so before you start your manoeuvre.

I say this as an aquaintance was recently knocked off his bike in a similar way - car pulled infront of him and caused a bit more than just a bit of paint scratches (you he was one a racer and on that hill i can get over 30mph on an MTB with off road tyres)

the car insurance paid out in full to replace his bike which was wrecked.....

As no-one is pursuing this any further it is irrelevant - but it is always hit and miss - the cyclist could have been more aware - he would have seen a car slowly pull out in front into the stream of traffic and i would ahve slowed in case some-one could not see me nipping up the inside....

glad no-one was hurt though... or any ZS
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote