View Single Post
Old 25-03-13, 07:51 PM   #12
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Supercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really nice
yeah hi spec prob not great.

I never had a problem with the brakes as a mechanical part however i needed some pads so called and ordered some.

They sent the wrong ones and when i called them they said it would be ok, they fitted with a 3mm overlap at the front.

As i had just fitted the brakes I could not get them to bite correctly, it was like there was air on the first pump and then a second pump would give me a good solid pedal.
Called them and they said no its air.

Anyway I did two track days in a few days like this, Knockhill and Donnington. I had bled the brakes about 50 million times before this and even on the way to Knockhill I stoped and used Dreadnoughts air bleeder to no change.

Hi Spec maintained they were ok, I made them send me another set of pads out which cured all problems.

because of the overlap in pad vs disk the pad was forcing the caliper piston to retract a little hence the first push of the pedal was moving the piston to the pad and second push was brakes......

Still diddnt slow us down much at knockhill
Supercharged_Z is offline   Reply With Quote