View Single Post
Old 08-04-13, 03:23 PM   #3
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
I've had 3 or 4 MGB GT's, easy to work on because of the very agriculture engineering.

Rust is the biggest bug bear, look at the sills, and castle rails (just inside of the sills), did both sides on one of mine, have to cut front and rear wings to do it, plus a stiffener in the doors so the shell doesnt go banana shape. The wing finishers on top of the wings by the windscreen rust and are pigs to sort. check rear spring hangers, front of the rear spring area is a ****** to weld if its rusty.

As its been reshelled would have thought door skins etc will be OK.

Overdrive is good option on 3 and 4 gears.

Not very powerful engine, less you go for a fast road upgrade, if you have to have the head looked at for unleaded. OSELLI do heads £465 std ones £2125 for a fast road engine. Plenty of suppliers that can supply nuts and bolts to body panels.

Safety side is also fairly basic, seat belts and thats about it.

Just a different mind set when you are driving a MGB, dont get into races as you will get pushed along by Fiestas, Novas etc.

Love my TF160 wouldnt go back to a B. But good luck if you take one on, must have a look underneath and at least get the engine running and see whats it like.