Thread: Gsxr 750
View Single Post
Old 08-04-13, 05:35 PM   #33
sneekyparrot

sneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCKYDEVIL View Post
Ive got lucky with the front Paul as they seem fine & working well
last owner musta hardly used rear as thats whats giving me the problem
I tried to bleed the rear again today but no luck so stripped them and looks like the seals are shot & had rust furring on back of pistons..
dodgy heavy coating of Blue paint on front & rear brakes so kinda tempted to fully strip and repaint but dont quite feel brave enough so might send them off to be done properly for peace of mind.
Tbh Marcus there ain't much to a caliper bar a couple of seals in each piston socket and a couple between each side of the caliper. If they are already free then pistons should come straight out.
Just watch what you clean them with and don't i repeat don't use metal faced pliers to pull the pistons out! if you damage the face then it will need replacing. Plenty of spares / seal kits on ebay. Think i paid around £70 odd for both sides last time (Genuine not pattern seals)

an absolute must is to use red rubber grease on the seals / pistons when re assembly.

I used a parts washer then banged them thru the dishwasher. they came out dry. Sprayed them up straight away and avoided getting finger prints on them by hooking them out the dish washer with a wire that i used to hang them straight up with.

cheers
Paul

a few previous trophies :-)

Full strip down and rebuild / tune. Out accelerated J's Crescent rep :-)

Before it got stripped for track / upgraded to 130rwhp and still is the best bike i have owned!

1000k1 total track bike. Bought it from J, stripped / Repaired!!!lol / upgraded . 165ish rwhp and weighed next to t-bag. fecking thing wheeled down most of donnington start finish straight first time it went to track. Proper gixer bad boy :-)