View Single Post
Old 15-04-13, 02:48 AM   #40
waynester

waynester is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricwin View Post
Fitted the rear crossovers and speakers a few days ago. The speakers are slightly larger than oem rear hatchback speakers. Theres more bulk around the cone and as such they don't mount correctly, even though they are the same size (13cm/5.25")
Need to find a place to mount the rear tweeters now. Potential electric rear window conversion on the way.

And finally got round to replacing the front bulbs with new ones bought months ago. Sadly this went terribly wrong.
The LED 501 sidelight bulbs don't slide into the sidelight holder all the way, so they don't illuminate the headlight as much as a standard 501 bulb.
The LED H11 foglight bulbs were DOA. Not sure if I can get a refund on them as they were purchased a while ago.
And the previous owner had already replaced all four H7's with Osram Nighbreakers so I've wasted money there.

I ordered some LED sidelight/front foglight bulbs, but not fitted yet as it looks like it could be a labour intensive job. Are the front fogs simple to replace?

I also bought uprated xenon style main bulbs for (hopefully) improved night vision - standard the lights really are poor. I can actually drive using full beam..& not a single flash from other drivers! Fitting the bulbs also means removing the battery just to gain access!

*Car was SOTW August '12
waynester is offline   Reply With Quote