View Single Post
Old 13-05-13, 07:11 PM   #1
Tomoose

Tomoose is on a distinguished road
Tom's MG ZS+ 120

Well after 32 cars in 11 years I've decided to stick with the ZS for a while . I bought this in February. It wasn't a model I'd considered, but saw it advertised locally and couldn't resist it (especially considering the price - although I've since learned all these ZSs are worth buttons)! It was owned by an MG enthusiast as a daily driver, and had been well cared for. A few little niggles to sort, but overall a very good car. It has excellent service history, a documented headgasket and cambelt from a local ex-MG dealer, and mint alloys with nearly-new Dunlop Sports

Here it is the day I got it:

On driving it home I noticed the exhaust getting fruitier and fruitier, and found this:

Had a replacement centre pipe and back box fitted at my local exhaust place, but soon realised I preferred the noise when it was blowing :lol: so on went a second hand Janspeed back box.

The matrix seats were in poor condition, but I found someone local breaking a ZS with a Monaco interior, rare in as much as they are not ripped at all! Included was a set of the early pre-Project Drive with the silver inserts which was a nice touch. I've also fitted a leather steering wheel from a low mileage car, which has really made a difference!

I've also fitted a nice Pioneer head unit and all the cabling for a modest ICE install.

A few pictures of how it currently stands:

Plans for the future are 135 or similar spec cams and a remap, upgraded brakes, replace the number plates and generally improve the condition bit by bit

Thanks for reading.

ZS120+ and ZS180. Love them both!

Last edited by Tomoose; 13-05-13 at 07:14 PM.
Tomoose is offline   Reply With Quote