View Single Post
Old 07-06-13, 10:23 PM   #27
Smokey
The Alan Gow of OBTCC

Smokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to behold
I knew I was MG crazy, having had 5 ZS's but it's nice to know I'm not alone.

Have been falling in and out of love with the mk2 180 with it's issues but it passed it's MOT last week after a bit of tinkering and as it's on 123,000 miles, I'm happy with it again!

Plans are about as always with the centre console now high on my priority to finish as other issues with the car have delayed things. Then I will be white carbon vinyl wrapping it myself and will once again make the final push towards the alcantara interior.

Only hope is the engine lasts for another year as the bottom end rattle is my only bug bear.

Then there is the track car mk1 180! Loved it last year, gave me and plenty others an amazing time. Then it broke, but with the support of guys from the site, a new engine was sourced and another project started.

A couple of weeks ago, the track car did it's first 30 miles on it's new engine and was flawless. There seems to be a vibration through the car but hoping thats a wheel balance issue.

All I can say is, big, massive props need to be given to Marcus and Grimmy. Without them, there would be no track car. They were dedicated to the cause and deserve respect and reputation (give it to 'em guys) for everything they did. And to top it off, they sourced me a new bumper for the mk2.

All in all, MG ZS's are my passion and I have good times and bad times. Bottom line is, I could go out right now like everyone else and get finance on a fancy new motor. Would I be happy? Briefly. Would I keep the ZS's, most definitely. No other car has given me the feelings the ZS's have and I have learned everything about cars through working on them and through this site.

My MG is a part of me. This will always be the case

2009 Forza 2 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC 2nd Place Runner-up
2009/2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Clio Cup 4th Place
2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/F500 Cup 2nd Place Runner-up
2011 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 3rd Place
2012 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 1st Place Winner
2012/2013 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/DTM Championship 3rd Place
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote